Areas Of Concentration
- Mr. Carter’s areas of concentration include:
- Drafting of wills and all kinds of trusts
- Drafting business and personal contracts
- Representing individuals serving in a fiduciary capacity
- Representing banks and trust companies serving in a fiduciary capacity
- Representing clients in contested probate and trust matters.
- Representing clients in real estate matters.
- General business representation
- Representation of charitable foundations
- Mr. Carter has represented:
- JP Morgan Chase
- BYN Mellon
- US Trust
- First Boston Pharma
- Consumer Products Corporation
- The Ferriday Fund Charitable Trust
- The AD Philanthropic Foundation
- The Milbourne Christopher Foundation
Mr. Carter has more than 40 years of experience in counseling clients on a broad range of legal matters. He has very extensive experience in all aspects of tax and estate planning and the administration of estates and trusts.
Mr. Carter has advised major banks and trust companies in estate and trust matters and has represented individual and corporate clients in New York courts in contested estate, trust and real estate matters. He has also handled arbitration matters and has represented clients in guardianship proceedings.
Mr. Carter has counseled clients on many different kinds of business transactions, contracts, personal property, real estate and leasing matters. Also, Mr. Carter has advised clients on international tax and estate planning issues.
Mr. Carter has visited China on a number of occasions and maintains business and personal contacts there.
Mr. Carter served as general counsel for First Boston Pharma from 2009-2011, and in that capacity advised the small drug manufacturer on many different legal issues, including litigation matters
Mr. Carter is admitted to practice law in New York State and, in federal court, in the US Southern District of New York and the US Tax Court.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D. – cum laude), 1971.
- The University of Notre Dame (B.A. – magna cum laude), 1968.
Awards & Accolades
- Fordham University School of Law – Editor of Law Review.
- Martindale Hubbell – highest peer review rating (AV).