Areas Of Concentration
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Biotechnology and medical devices
- Food distribution and processing
- Aerospace and defense
- Advanced materials
- Alternate energy
- Biotech and medical device companies
- Biotech and medical device investors
- Nutraceuticals companies
- Food distribution companies
- Aerospace and defense contractors
- Developers of nanotech and other advanced materials
- Distributors of medical grade air purifiers
Steve Nagler was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Malawi, Africa where he taught secondary school and assisted in writing a Magistrates Handbook. He was a public interest lawyer and then served as General Counsel of Patlex Corporation. He also served as Executive Director of the National Constitution Center and as Executive Director of the ABA Commission on Public Understanding of the Law. He has been in private practice for over 25 years.
- Canadian Medical device company: Arranged $10 million lead equity financing.
- Canadian Laboratory Services Company: Arranged $5 million convertible debt financing.
- Immune therapy company: Completed $500k financing.
- Canadian medical device company: Completed $400k financing for company focused on diabetes.
- Air cleaner company: Arranged financing bringing company to profitability.
- Healthcare IT Company: Arranged $3 million bank credit facility.
Boards and Ventures
Mr. Nagler has organized and serves as Executive Director of MedPro Investors, LLC, an organization of healthcare professionals in eight countries investing in healthcare companies which offer the promise of advancing the standard of care.
He is also Founder and Chairman of TriState Ventures, an organization of accredited investors which arranges institutional financings in which the members participate.
He serves on the Board of B-Temia, a Quebec based medical device company.
Representative Lectures And Seminars
Mr. Nagler organizes and chairs panel discussions on venture capital and corporate partnering at the annual BioContact, the leading biotech corporate finance conference in Canada. He lectures frequently on a wide range of current issues in biotechnology and medical devices as well as finance. Mr. Nagler’s understanding of alternate energy issues has generated speaking engagements in that sector as well.
- Future of Medicine (2013) (blog)
- False Prophets (2013) (blog)
- Goldidocs and the Three Biotech Investments (2012) (blog)
- Bad Management Trumps Good Science (2012) (blog)
- Biotech At the Bottom of the Cycle (2011) (blog)
- New Jersey (1977)
- New York (1965)
Awards & Accolades
- AVVO Pre-eminent (2012- present)
- Captain, City Championship Chess Team, Stuyvesant High School (1954)
- Oscar bukvar Leadership Award, C.C.N.Y. (1958)