Cybersecurity Law & Data Privacy Group
The Eaton & Van Winkle Cybersecurity Law and Data Privacy Practice Group provides counseling and assistance in the management of confidential and sensitive data, as clients confront today’s unique challenges posed by cybersecurity risks and data privacy issues. We assist clients in preventing and responding to data breaches and other cybersecurity events, and handle disputes and litigation arising from such incidents. We help clients maintain compliance with laws and regulations, including…
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA)
- The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA)
- The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act
- The Driver’s Privacy Protection Act (DPPA)
- The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- The CAN-SPAM Act and monitor other state, federal laws and regulations pertaining to privacy and cybersecurity.
In partnership with our extensive network of international law firms and consultants, we assist our clients in ensuring compliance with overseas privacy and cybersecurity laws and regulations, including the EU Data Protection and Telecommunications Privacy Directives and the related “Safe Harbor” framework developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce.