Employment Law Group
Attorneys in the Eaton & Van Winkle’s Employment Law Group represent companies and executives with respect to the negotiation, drafting and, where necessary, litigation of employment agreements, non-competition agreements and severance agreements in a wide range of industries, including financial and professional services, marketing, merchandising, and manufacturing.
We help employers of all sizes tailor their contracts, policies and procedures to comply with and take advantage of developments in Federal and New York employment law, and counsel clients acquiring businesses concerning their obligations and exposure under existing agreements.
Multi Discipline Concentrations
Members of the Employment Law Group also serve in the firm’s Litigation, Intellectual Property, Corporate, International Practice and Creditors’ Rights, Lender Liability and Bankruptcy Litigation Groups, allowing for a multi-disciplinary approach.
Areas Of Concentration
Services that we perform in this manner include:
- Negotiation and drafting of employment contracts and non-compete, confidentiality and severance agreements by attorneys who have experience enforcing the provisions of such contracts in courts and arbitration proceedings;
- Negotiation and drafting of the employment aspects of shareholders’ agreements (including equity compensation) by attorneys who understand the impact of such provisions on planned or potential acquisitions, financings and corporate restructurings;
- Handling of claims of discrimination or harassment from initial investigation through disposition by attorneys who are experienced in the development and presentation of evidence and in the assessment of litigation risks; and
- Reviewing and advising with respect to executive compensation plans, ESOPs and other welfare and benefit programs by attorneys with an understanding of fiduciary obligations and tax consequences.
- Additionally, members of the Employment Law Group focus on matters more strictly related to employee-employer relationships.