The EVW China practice group is dedicated to providing Chinese enterprises and investors with the expert advice and counsel they need to achieve success in the U.S market. We specialize in providing practical solutions for the problems encountered by Chinese companies seeking to establish themselves in the U.S. We are a full-service law firm with many years of experience assisting our clients in a broad range of matters including commercial and corporate transactions, joint ventures, securities, mergers and acquisitions, international arbitration and court litigation in the U.S., and intellectual property. We represent private enterprises as well as state-owned-enterprises.
Our China practice group is fully integrated with the rest of our firm and utilizes the experience and skills of members from such diverse fields as securities and capital markets, corporate, patent law, media and advertising law, real estate and maritime law. We also work together with members of our Middle East, European and Turkish practice groups to assist our Chinese clients wherever and whenever they need us.
Our legal team is composed of lawyers with vast experience over many fields of U.S. law. We combine this experience with expertise in Chinese law as well. Members of the China practice group have worked with Chinese companies for decades. One of our partners worked on one of the very first international joint ventures following China’s opening to the West. The resulting venture was the Shanghai Bell Telephone Manufacturing Company which traces its origins to 1981.
Our professionals have a deep understanding and knowledge of business and legal aspects of U.S.-China transactions and Chinese culture. Our team works closely with a wide spectrum of Chinese professionals, including bankers, financiers, tax advisers, project consultants and law makers. Through our network in China, we are able to provide clients with an unsurpassed, seamless and practical service for all China-related matters. For entrepreneurs, we have a deep understanding of how China-based businesses are formed, financed, grown and taken public or acquired. We consistently deliver practical legal advice with sound business judgment, which has earned us the role of key trusted advisor.
For many years our firm has focused on the general corporate representation of public and private companies. We bring this expertise to our China practice group where we specialize in helping Chinese companies establish their business in the United States whether it is through acquisition of existing businesses here, joint venture agreements with U.S. enterprises or establishing a stand-alone U.S. branch from scratch. This experience extends to the acquisition of investment and commercial real estate.
Our Corporate Finance and Securities lawyers assist our clients in all aspects of securities law and regulation. Our members have vast experience with public offerings, private placements, syndications, shareholder rights, anti-takeover measures, board issues and disputes. EVW is often able to introduce clients to appropriate sources of venture capital, debt, mezzanine and public finance, since lawyers at EVW have long standing relationships with the leading international investment and commercial banks. EVW represents Chinese companies as foreign private issuers before the Securities and Exchange Commission and has advised Chinese company clients regarding various market sensitive financing structures such as traditional IPOs, APOs, PIPEs, SPACs and Going Private Transactions.
Our corporate and securities group represented near thirty public companies on initial public offering, subsequent offering and compliance, including more than half Chinese companies listed on NASDAQ, NYSE and OTCBB. The China Practice Group’s capability is focused on several industry sectors including information technology, agriculture, precious metal, imports and exports, electronic consumers, energy & utilities, financial institutions, manufacturing, air industries, and digital cinema.
Sample engagement includes:
- A distributor and wholesaler of imported electrolytic copper plate and copper scrap based in Tianjin, China, going public through self-filing of S-1 registration statement with a concurrent PIPE financing of $60 million equity;
- Initial public offering of a digital cinema company listed on NASDAQ of over $20 million offering;
- Initial public offering and subsequent offering of $18 million of a significant hog farm based in Wuhan, China, listed on NASDAQ;
- Initial public offering and subsequent offering of $17 million of an Aerospace parts manufacturer, listed on NYSE MKT;
- APO transaction of a domestic asset based lender and money transfer firm into a public vehicle with a concurrent PIPE financing of $20 million offering;
- APO transaction of a traditional Chinese herbal company with a concurrent PIPE financing of $12.5 million convertible notes and warrants;
- APO transaction of a significant retailer and wholesaler of consumer electronics and appliances to rural market in China with a concurrent PIPE financing of $5 million equity;
- $10 million in private equity financing for a prosthetics developer company;
- $5 million in private equity financing for a cure for cystic fibrosis company;
- $5 million in convertible debt financing for a private services company;
- $3million in term loan for a private software services company;
- $450,000 in equity financing of a private device developer;
- $550,000 in equity financing of a immunotherapy company.
Any business client can find itself in a dispute. EVW’s Litigation and Arbitration Practice Group, including its International and Dispute Resolution practices [hot link to the descriptions] assists Chinese clients in managing such risks in contract negotiations and by representing them in court and arbitration proceedings.
Our China Practice Group includes EVW partners who are registered U.S Patent Attorneys as well as highly experienced intellectual property attorneys who have provided expert advice and counsel to Chinese companies for many years. We obtain U.S. patents for Chinese clients and also help American clients protect intellectual property in Asia in coordination with Chinese patent agents and intellectual property attorneys.
Now that China has resumed its position as a major maritime nation, expert legal advice with respect to maritime and admiralty laws can make the difference between success and failure in overseas markets. At EVW our Admiralty & Maritime practice group provides a broad range of legal services to businesses and individuals involved with all aspects of the domestic and international shipping industries.
EVW has worked closely for years with the China firm LungTin International, which is focused on intellectual property matters, transactional work, prosecution of all forms of IP and litigation. In 2014, EVW established an affiliate relationship with LungTin International. Headquartered in Beijing, LungTin International has offices Shanghai, Shenzhen, Tokyo and Hong Kong with over 160 professionals fluent in several languages, including English, Japanese, Korean, German, and French.
Eaton & Van Winkle律师事务所近日宣布其与中国顶尖知识产权律师事务所隆天